Discover how a Will and Trust are alike and how they differ.
This Estate Planning Class will cover basics of how each of the most common and needed elements of an estate plan work together. We’ll cover how a Will and a Trust Work. There will also be a discussion about Powers of Attorney and Advanced Directives. The presentation lasts about one hour. With plenty of time for questions and answers. You will also learn what happens if you fail to plan. No everybody needs a Trust but everyone needs to plan.
Did you know…
- A Will does not avoid probate.
- Your power of attorney may be defective.
- Certain healthcare directives could keep you alive indefinitely.
- The State has made decisions about your life and property that apply if you don’t plan.
Most people know that a Trust avoids probate, but you may be surprised to learn that a Trust…
- Does not require separate tax return or tax id number.
- Works without court or judicial interference.
- Can protect your assets from your children’s predators and creditors.
- Is not right for everybody.
About the Venue: The Edmond Parks Department operates out of the MAC Center which is attached to the Senior Center and located just south of the Mitch Park YMCA. Most classes meet in the a cozy conference room. The setting is conducive to questions and answers.
Want more information?